Bartington Instruments Photograph Competition Rules
The owner of the winning photograph will receive a new laptop computer or iPad* tablet. For all photographs that we adopt for our advertising and promotions programme, we will offer the entrant’s organisation a credit of £300 against a future equipment purchase.
Photographs should be the property of the entrant or the entrant’s organisation and should not be submitted without the owner’s permission. Entrants will retain all rights in their photographs but will allow us to use them at our discretion in the medium of our choice. Entrants’ ownership and copyright will be acknowledged with any photographs that are used, if requested.
Previous winning entries can be found here.
Terms and conditions
1. The Photograph Competition is open to any corporate or individual customer of Bartington Instruments (“the Company”) who has previously purchased a product from the Company. No proof of purchase is necessary.
2. By entering this competition, entrants grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to the Company to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material, in print or electronic form. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them. By submitting any image, the entrant warrants that the subjects of the image have waived their rights in their name, likeness and image for the purposes set out below and that the image does not infringe the copyright or any other right of any third party or any laws.
3. The owner of the winning photograph will receive a laptop computer or iPad* tablet (“the Prize”) including delivery to the winner’s place of work as soon as practicable. For all images that are subsequently used by the Company, a one-off credit of £300 will be made to the entrant or the entrant’s organisation against further purchases of equipment.
4. The Prize is subject to availability and may change to a prize of equal or greater value at any time.
5. All submissions of photographs must be received by the Company by 31st March 2019 (the “Closing Date”) to be entered.
6. The Company will not be responsible for any submissions that are not received by the Closing Date for any reason, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
7. Entrants may submit as many photographs as they see fit.
8. No additional purchase is necessary.
9. The Prize is non-transferable. No cash alternative will be offered.
10. The photographs will be judged by staff of the Company. The judges’ decision will be final.
11. The winner will be notified by email within 28 days of the Closing Date. In the event that the winner has not responded within 14 days of notification, then the Company reserves the right to reallocate the prize to a reserve winner, to be selected at random from the remaining valid entries by a third party chosen by the Company.
12. The winner agrees to permit the Company to announce the winner’s name in future promotional activity, including direct marketing.
13. The name of the winning customer will be made available for up to 28 days after the Closing Date to anyone emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Photograph Competition Winner’.
14. All implied conditions as to the quality and fitness for purpose of the Prize are hereby excluded and the Company accepts no liability for any defects in the Prize or for any damage to the Prize suffered in transit.
15. Promoter: Bartington Instruments Limited, 5 Thorney Leys Business Park, Witney, OX28 4GE, UK.
*iPad is a registered trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.