Magnetic susceptibility systems | MS2 and MS3
The MS2 and MS3 meters, combined with one of our MS2 sensors, make versatile magnetic susceptibility systems. This range of sensors is designed to match a variety of sample types (including soils, rocks, powders and liquids) and data-gathering techniques, and is suitable for laboratory and field use.
- The MS2 is a portable meter for operation with all MS2 sensors. Readings are displayed via an integral four-digit display. Its internal batteries are rechargeable from the mains or a vehicle charging point, with indicators for battery status and charging. The serial connection can be used for acquisition of data, and a range switch allows the user to select high or low resolution. All sockets and switches are environmentally sealed for outdoor use.
- The MS3 is a compact, portable, lightweight meter, with a measuring range of 26SI, which operates with all MS2 sensors. It is completely software controlled via a USB connection to a compatible PC, laptop or PDA. The Bartsoft software supplied with the unit gives the user control over the measurement protocol and speed, and includes options to display data in both chart and table formats. A version of the software operating on Windows™ CE makes this meter adaptable for field applications.
- A wide range of laboratory sensors enables a user to carry out measurements at two distinct frequencies (MS2B) on soil, powders or liquids, on cores (MS2C) or split-cores (MS2E), or on small volumes (MS2G). A temperature / susceptibility system is also available.
- A range of field sensors are available for mapping of outcrops (MS2K), surface mapping (MS2F or MS2D used in conjunction with the MS2 probe handle), or downhole measurements (MS2H).
MS2 and MS3 | Applications
The MS2 and MS3 sensors are interchangeable, with no adjustments required, and lend themselves to a broad range of applications in the field and laboratory. Typical MS2 and MS3 applications include geological surveys, palaeomagnetism, archaeological surveys, sedimentology, core logging/correlation and pollution studies. Newer industrial applications also include quality control in industrial processes, analysis of magnetic inks, and the study of micro/nano magnetic particles and fluids.
- Wide range of laboratory, field and downhole sensors
- Sensors fully interchangeable with no adjustment required
- Resolution to 2x10-6 SI
- Range 0.1 SI (MS2) or 26 SI (MS3)
- Measurement period down to 0.1s (MS3)
More on applications in
BBrochure OMOperation Manual ODOutline Drawings ANApplications Notes VVideo ACAcademic Papers CSCase Studies TTraining SSoftware